1. If someone tells you to go grab that "feral cat" don't do it unless you are properly prepared. Using a soft voice and bare hands will land you in the emergency room.
|How not to approach|
|Full armor with fractious cat|
2. When an owner asks for a towel to clean up where their pet soiled, what they really mean is you need to come over here and clean up their pets mess while they watch.
3. My favorite line is when an owner tells me their pet has never bitten anyone before. Key word in that conservation is Before.
4. When taking a temperature on a dog do not put your face directly behind the anus, doing so can result in an unwanted perfume for the next week.
|Danger zone for temp taking|
|Safe temp zone|
6. If you think performing a nail trim on an animal is as simple as the PediPaws commercial, you are in for a rude awakening. There is a reason why owners are willing to drive their pet somewhere and pay someone to do it.
7. Getting bit by a scared animal hurts just as bad as being bit by an aggressive animal, they just look different.
|Ready for battle|
9. Veterinary staff and owners have different perceptions of giving medications to pets.
|How we do it|
|How owners wish it was done|
|How the cat feels about meds|
10. We all thought that because we love animals and have dedicated our lives to making theirs better that all animals would love us back. We have all been fooled by that one.
|How we see ourselves|